APSET Syllabus – Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test:
PAPER-I : GENERAL PAPER ON TEACHING AND RESEARCH APTITUDE:
The main objective is to assess the teaching and research capabilities of the candidates. Therefore, the test is aimed at assessing the teaching and general/research aptitude as well as their awareness. They are expected to possess and exhibit cognitive abilities. Cognitive abilities includecomprehension, analysis, evaluation, understanding the structure of arguments and deductive and inductive reasoning. The candidates are also expected to have a general awareness and knowledge of sources of information. They should be aware of interaction between people, environment and natural resources and their impact on quality of life. The details are given in the following sections:
1. Each section gets equal weightage: Five questions and 10 marks from each section.
2. Whenever pictorial questions are set for the sighted candidates a passage followed by equal number of questions should be set for the visually handicapped candidates.
I. Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements;
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems.
II. Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, characteristics and types;
- Steps of Research;
- Methods of Research;
- Research Ethics;
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium;